"MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates multiaxis numerical-control milling machine to mill surfaces of metallic and nonmetallic workpieces according to specifications and tooling instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods: Threads perforated or magnetic tape through read-head in control console, or enters commands into control panel, to retrieve preprogrammed machine data from mainframe computer.
- 2) Inserts precision indicator in machine spindle, and depresses switches to jog spindle into contact with workpiece, synchronize tape and tool, and record setup point.
- 3) Retracts spindle and loads and secures first preset tool and holder.
- 4) Starts machine and observes cutting operation.
- 5) Compares numerical data display with specifications on operations sheet.
- 6) Assembles and presets tooling for next operation during automated cycle to reduce machine downtime.
- 7) Replaces milling tools with drilling and boring tools at specified change points to reduce or eliminate subsequent machining of workpiece on another machine.
- 8) May operate machine on preliminary dry run before machining first part to detect errors in tape or computer program.
- 9) May be designated according to make, trademark, or configuration of machine, characteristics of control system, or type of product as Contour-Path Tape-Mill Operator; Planer-Type Milling-Machine Operator, Numerical Control; Profile-Mill Operator, Tape Control; Tape Control Skin-or-Spar-Mill Operator; Tape Keller Operator.
Is being a "MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Job Number: 6510