Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to clean and grind whole grain for use in production of distilled liquors: Inspects carloads of whole grain to detect presence of harmful insects, such as weevils and grain beetles.
- 2) Collects sample of grain from each carload for laboratory analysis.
- 3) Records number of boxcar from which each sample is taken.
- 4) Pumps whole grain from boxcars to storage tanks or hopper of cleaning machine, using air-conveyor chutes.
- 5) Starts automatic cleaning machine that blows and sifts foreign particles, such as dirt, twigs, and stones from whole grain and conveys clean grain to storage tank for further processing.
- 6) Pumps clean grain from storage tank into hopper balanced on scale and records weight of grain before dumping into grinding machine.
- 7) Starts grinding machine, and regulates flow of grain from hopper.
- 8) Pumps ground meal from grinding machine into scale-hopper to compute and record difference in weight of grain before and after grinding.
- 9) Pumps ground meal into meal tank for further processing.
- 10) Signals MILLER HELPER, DISTILLERY to connect air-conveyor chutes to pumps and storage tanks, clean or change screens on cleaning machine, stop and start pumps, conveyors, and machines, and lubricate moving parts of machines and equipment.
- 11) Makes minor repairs and adjustments to pumps, air-conveyor chutes, and machines.
- 12) May be designated according to specific duties as Grain Miller; Grain-Cleaner-And-Transfer Operator.
Is being a "MILLER, DISTILLERY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MILLER, DISTILLERY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MILLER, DISTILLERY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MILLER, DISTILLERY"
Job Number: 6501