Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more mills that grind materials, such as rock, ore, ingredients for food, drugs, and chemicals with steel, stone, or ceramic balls or rods: Pushes lever or adds balls to mill as needed or specified.
- 2) Dumps material or opens flow gate to load mill.
- 4) Starts and runs mill for specified time depending on size of load, grindability of material, and required fineness.
- 5) Removes cover plate, attaches grid, and starts mill to discharge contents.
- 6) When operating continuous ball mills, regulates inflow of materials and observes outflow to ensure attainment of specified product.
- 7) May tend mill utilizing vacuum or other pressure.
- 8) May tend steam-jacketed mill that heats materials during processing.
- 9) May use mill to mix materials for wet or dry grinding.
- 10) May keep production records.
- 11) May be designated according to grinding agent as Ball-Mill Operator; Pebble-Mill Operator; Rod-Mill Operator; or according to powder ground as Barytes Grinder.
Is being a "MILL OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MILL OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MILL OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MILL OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6485