"MILL OPERATOR, ROLLS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates rolling mill to form sheet metal sections of various types, gauges, and lengths from coils of sheet steel according to blueprints or other specifications: Verifies gauge and size of raw material against specifications, using tape measure and gauge.
- 2) Positions and secures stock-coil on pay-out mandrel and adjusts cone-brake, using handtools.
- 3) Spaces and adjusts mill rolls and fits shims on shafts according to specifications, using gauges, rules, and handtools.
- 4) Sets trigger mechanism which actuates cut-off die to specified length by setting and tightening setscrews.
- 5) Feeds end of coil onto guide table and actuates shear to square end of coil.
- 6) Actuates controls on panel to thread lead end of coil through mill.
- 7) Inspects first piece for variation from rolling or length specifications and makes necessary adjustments to mill.
- 8) Starts mill for automatic operation and controls speed from control panel.
- 9) Adjusts valves to control flow of coolant on metal and observes operation of lubrication system.
- 10) Patrols mill to detect jamming.
- 11) Inspects raw material or finished product visually or by measurement for variation from specified quality standards.
- 12) Records mill production on schedule sheet.
- 13) May train new mill operators.
Is being a "MILL OPERATOR, ROLLS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MILL OPERATOR, ROLLS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MILL OPERATOR, ROLLS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MILL OPERATOR, ROLLS"
Job Number: 6486