Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mixes specified ingredients with molten lead, pours lead into molds, and cuts lead slabs to specified dimensions: Charges kettle with materials for melting, using shovel.
- 2) Guides crane-supported mixer into kettle, and mixes contents in kettle.
- 3) Opens valve permitting molten metal to flow into mold to form slab.
- 4) Skims surface of bath to remove impurities, using skimming board.
- 5) Marks cutting lines on lead sheet, using chalk, steel square, and tape measure, after ROLLING-MILL OPERATOR has rolled slabs into sheets of specified thickness.
- 6) Guides power-driven knife along chalklines to cut sheets to specified size.
- 7) Cuts smaller sheets, using portable electric saw or slitting machine.
- 8) May melt solidified metal in outlet pipes, using gas torch.
Is being a "MILL HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MILL HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MILL HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MILL HELPER"
Job Number: 6482