Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that automatically processes microfilm and examines processed film to ensure that quality of microfiche meets established standards: Loads film into magazine of camera under darkroom conditions, attaches magazine to camera, and splices end of film to leader in machine to facilitate threading film, using splicing tape.
- 2) Flips switches and turns valves to activate machine components and functions, such as blower, squeegee, water flow into processor, and rate of processing chemical replenishment.
- 3) Monitors machine warning lights to detect processing malfunctions, such as break in film or leader, and takes action to correct malfunction, using knowledge of machine operation.
- 4) Records film processing information, such as film type, developing speed, and rate of chemical replenishment to maintain film log.
- 5) Examines processed film to ensure numerical order and clarity of microfiche, using film winder, light table, and magnifier.
- 6) Marks defective microfiche section of film and lists identifying number of sections on identification sheet to indicate refilming required.
- 7) Measures optical density of random film section to ensure standard processing, using densitometer.
- 8) Places film on cutter, aligns markings on cutter and film, and moves cutting instrument across film to separate individual microfiche sections of film.
- 9) Discards defective microfiche and places acceptable microfiche in envelope for further processing.
- 10) Mixes processing chemicals to maintain supply, following specified formula, using mixing machine.
- 11) Processes sample film and measures density of film to enable MICROFILM-CAMERA OPERATOR to determine exposure settings for new batches of film.
Is being a "MICROFILM PROCESSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MICROFILM PROCESSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MICROFILM PROCESSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MICROFILM PROCESSOR"
Job Number: 6467