Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates variety of semiconductor processing, testing, and assembly equipment to assist engineering staff in development and fabrication of prototype, custom-designed, electronic circuitry chips in research laboratory, using knowledge of microelectronic processing equipment, procedures, and specifications: Operates equipment to convert integrated circuit layout designs into working photo masks; clean, coat, bake, align, expose, develop, and cure photoresist on wafers; grow layers of dielectric, metal, and semiconductor material on masked areas of wafers; clean, etch, or remove materials on areas not covered by photoresist; and implant chemicals to selective areas of wafer substrate to alter substrate electrical characteristics.
- 2) Operates various test equipment to verify product conformance to processing and company specifications.
- 3) Operates equipment to assemble, dice, clean, mount, bond, and package integrated circuit devices.
- 4) May perform some assembly and packaging operations manually.
- 5) May assist in interpretation and evaluation of processing data and in preparation of related reports.
- 6) May assist in technical writing of semiconductor processing specifications.
Is being a "MICROELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MICROELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MICROELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MICROELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 6464