"MICROCOMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to microcomputer hardware and software systems and provides technical assistance and training to system users: Inspects microcomputer equipment and reads order sheet listing user requirements to prepare microcomputer for delivery.
- 2) Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises, following design or installation specifications.
- 3) Loads specified software packages, such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
- 4) Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
- 5) Instructs user in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- 6) Answers client's inquiries in person and via telephone concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems; and recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- 7) Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
- 8) Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- 9) Attends technical conferences and seminars to keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments.
Is being a "MICROCOMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MICROCOMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MICROCOMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MICROCOMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST"
Job Number: 6463