Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies growth, structure, development, and general characteristics of bacteria and other micro-organisms: Isolates and makes cultures of significant bacteria or other micro-organisms in prescribed or standard inhibitory media, controlling factors, such as moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition.
- 2) Identifies micro-organisms by microscopic examination of physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics.
- 3) Observes action of micro-organisms upon living tissues of plants, higher animals, and other micro-organisms and on dead organic matter.
- 4) Makes chemical analyses of substances, such as acids, alcohols, and enzymes, produced by bacteria and other micro-organisms on organic matter.
- 5) May specialize in study of viruses and rickettsiae and be designated Virologist.
- 6) May specialize in particular material or product field and be designated Bacteriologist, Dairy; Bacteriologist, Fishery; Bacteriologist, Food; Bacteriologist, Industrial; Bacteriologist, Medical; Bacteriologist, Pharmaceutical; or Bacteriologist, Soil.
Is being a "MICROBIOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MICROBIOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MICROBIOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MICROBIOLOGIST"
Job Number: 6461