Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that forms plates of built-up mica: Turns knob on control panel to set oven temperatures according to specifications.
- 2) Dumps mica splittings into machine hopper and fills supply tanks with binding solution.
- 3) Starts machine that distributes mica splittings on conveyor, sprays splittings with binding solution, and dries continuous sheet of mica.
- 4) Examines mica plates at discharge end of machine to detect variations in thickness.
- 5) Cuts mica sheets into plates of specified length, using cutter attached to table.
- 6) Moves controls on hopper to regulate flow of splittings according to thickness of mica plates.
- 7) Adjusts oven controls to regulate temperature.
- 8) Notifies supervisor of machine malfunctions.
Is being a "MICA-PLATE LAYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MICA-PLATE LAYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MICA-PLATE LAYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MICA-PLATE LAYER"
Job Number: 6458