Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops and evaluates calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as length, mass, time, temperature, electric current, luminous intensity, and derived units of physical or chemical measure: Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
- 2) Redesigns or adjusts measurement capability to minimize errors.
- 3) Develops calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements.
- 4) Directs engineering, quality, and laboratory personnel in design, manufacture, evaluation, and calibration of measurement standards, instruments, and test systems to ensure selection of approved instrumentation.
- 5) Advises others on methods of resolving measurement problems and exchanges information with other metrology personnel through participation in government and industrial standardization committees and professional societies.
Is being a "METROLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METROLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METROLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METROLOGIST"
Job Number: 6450