Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Disassembles, cleans, adjusts, repairs, and tests oil, gas, and water meters, using handtools and testing equipment: Connects meter to testing apparatus.
- 2) Turns valve to permit specified quantity of oil, gas, or water to pass through meter under varying pressure to test meter for leaks and accuracy of recording.
- 3) Disassembles meter, removing gear train and disk assembly, using handtools.
- 4) Removes plant growth, rust, and scale from internal housing and parts, using wire brush, electric buffer, and acid.
- 5) Repairs or replaces warped or broken disks and gears, and grinds and straightens parts to specified tolerance to fit parts to meter, using grinding machine and hydraulic press.
- 6) Reassembles and tests meter.
- 7) Tests large capacity meters in industrial plants to determine accuracy of operation.
- 8) Records materials used and meters repaired.
Is being a "METER REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METER REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METER REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METER REPAIRER"
Job Number: 6448