Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Reads electric, gas, water, or steam consumption meters and records volume used by residential and commercial consumers: Walks or drives truck over established route and takes readings of meter dials.
- 2) Inspects meters and connections for defects, damage, and unauthorized connections.
- 3) Indicates irregularities on forms for necessary action by servicing department.
- 4) Verifies readings to locate abnormal consumption and records reasons for fluctuations.
- 5) Turns service off for nonpayment of charges in vacant premises, or on for new occupants.
- 6) Collects bills in arrears.
- 7) Returns route book to business office for billing purposes.
- 8) May be designated according to type of meter read as Electric-Meter Reader; Gas-Meter Reader; Steam-Meter Reader; Water-Meter Reader.
Is being a "METER READER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METER READER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METER READER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METER READER"
Job Number: 6446