Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes and interprets meteorological data gathered by surface and upper-air stations, satellites, and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for public and other users: Studies and interprets synoptic reports, maps, photographs, and prognostic charts to predict long and short range weather conditions.
- 2) Operates computer graphic equipment to produce weather reports and maps for analysis, distribution to users, or for use in televised weather broadcast.
- 3) Issues hurricane and other severe weather warnings.
- 4) May broadcast weather forecast over television or radio.
- 5) May prepare special forecasts and briefings for particular audiences, such as those involved in air and sea transportation, agriculture, fire prevention, air-pollution control, and school groups.
- 6) May direct forecasting services at weather station, or at radio or television broadcasting facility.
- 7) May conduct basic or applied research in meteorology.
- 8) May establish and staff weather observation stations.
Is being a "METEOROLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METEOROLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METEOROLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METEOROLOGIST"
Job Number: 6444