Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tunes metal reeds of musical instruments to standard pitch: Dismantles instrument and removes reed blocks, using handtools.
- 2) Positions reed block over orifice in testing stand and actuates hand-or foot-operated bellows to sound reed.
- 3) Strikes tuning bar and compares pitch of reed with that of bar to ascertain that reed is sharp or flat.
- 4) Removes reed block from testing stand, inserts steel plate between reed and block to support reed, and files reed until it matches pitch of tuning bar.
- 5) Tunes remaining reeds in their chromatic relationship to tuning bar.
- 6) May lubricate and make repairs and adjustments to other parts of instrument.
Is being a "METAL-REED TUNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METAL-REED TUNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METAL-REED TUNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METAL-REED TUNER"
Job Number: 6438