Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs sheet metal panels, molding, and exterior parts and accessories on manufactured building and travel trailer frames and bodies, using handtools and power tools: Positions panels on body frame, by hand or using chain hoist.
- 2) Fastens panels to frame, using hammer, drill, rivet gun, stapler, and screwdriver.
- 3) Trims panels to shape of coach, using tin snips.
- 4) Lays out window, door, and vent areas on panels according to blueprints, using pencil, ruler, and template.
- 5) Cuts opening, using electric router and tin snips.
- 6) Nails and screws insulation to roof frame.
- 7) Measures, cuts, and installs molding strips to corners, using rule, hammer, hacksaw, and screwdriver.
- 8) Applies sealer compound around window edges, vent openings, and roof seams, using putty knife.
- 9) Sets prefabricated window units, screens, and louvers in openings and fastens them in place with screws or rivets.
- 10) Installs accessories, such as visors, lights, brackets, and railings, using screwdriver.
- 11) Fastens metal threshold and doorcasing on body frame, hangs door, and attaches weather stripping, doorstops, striker plate, and molding, using handtools.
- 12) May assemble window unit.
- 13) May tend machines that cut or shape metal panels preparatory to hanging.
- 14) May be designated according to part installed as Door Installer I; Roof-Panel Hanger; Side-Panel Hanger; Window Installer.
Is being a "METAL HANGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METAL HANGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METAL HANGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METAL HANGER"
Job Number: 6418