"METAL FABRICATOR HELPER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to assist METAL FABRICATOR in fabricating and assembling boilers and steel plate vessels, such as tanks and vats: Tends machines, such as drill press, punch press, and boring mill to drill, punch, and ream metal stock for boiler parts.
- 2) Tends power shears to cut plate to size and shape.
- 3) Grinds welded joints, seams, and other irregular areas to smooth boiler surfaces, using portable and pedestal grinders.
- 4) Wraps blanket of spun glass around shell to insulate boiler and tacks blanket to shell surface, using stud welding gun.
- 5) Operates sandblasting machine to clean tank surfaces prior to painting or coating.
- 6) Moves and positions materials at work site with help of other workers, using overhead bridge crane or dolly.
- 7) Removes casing, grates, and grate rigging from boiler prior to repair of boiler and reassembles them after repair, using handtools.
- 8) Performs other duties described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "METAL FABRICATOR HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METAL FABRICATOR HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METAL FABRICATOR HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METAL FABRICATOR HELPER"
Job Number: 6416