Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists workers engaged in fabrication of structural or sheet metal products, performing any combination of following tasks: Lifts, positions, and removes workpieces from machines to assist in fitting and welding.
- 2) Holds tape and rods and marks reference points to assist in layout.
- 3) Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck.
- 4) Attaches rope or grappling equipment to workpieces to prepare workpiece for moving by crane or jib.
- 5) Cleans and scrapes metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping, using scraping tool, abrasive, or placing in solvent bath.
- 6) Paints metal stocks, using paintbrush.
- 7) Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
- 8) May be designated by trade as Ironworker Helper, Shop; Sheet-Metal-Shop Helper.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "METAL-FABRICATING-SHOP HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METAL-FABRICATING-SHOP HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METAL-FABRICATING-SHOP HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METAL-FABRICATING-SHOP HELPER"
Job Number: 6428