"METAL-BONDING PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates hydraulic press equipped with heated platens to bond metal aircraft and space vehicle parts and assemblies: Reads blueprints and shop orders to determine areas of parts to be joined, amount of bonding agent to apply, and temperature and pressure required.
- 2) Examines parts or assemblies for surface defects and positions parts on machine bed, using jigs or fixtures.
- 3) Applies adhesives to surfaces to be bonded.
- 4) Installs thermocouple leads to machine, using handtools.
- 5) Starts machine and adjusts controls to regulate pressure, heat, and curing time.
- 6) May assemble parts prior to aligning them in machine.
- 7) May operate autoclaves and ovens to cure and bond parts and assemblies.
Is being a "METAL-BONDING PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "METAL-BONDING PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "METAL-BONDING PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "METAL-BONDING PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6425