Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that recovers and reconditions mercury used in electrolytic cells: Sweeps, shovels, and dumps mercury-bearing material onto vibrating screen that separates mercury.
- 2) Flushes screen with water, using hose, and drains off water into settling tank, forming sludge.
- 3) Ladles contaminated mercury and sludge into reclaiming kettle and turns valves to admit acid and steam to separate foreign matter from mercury.
- 4) Drains mercury into flask.
- 5) May break used cell anodes to salvage porcelain insulators and copper posts, using hammer.
- 6) May tend concentrating table to remove mercury residue from scrap material for recovery.
- 7) May weigh flasks of recovered mercury for inventory records.
Is being a "MERCURY WASHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MERCURY WASHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MERCURY WASHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MERCURY WASHER"
Job Number: 6409