Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends continuous-process equipment that purifies mercury recovered from electrolytic cells: Turns compressed air and water valves to start flow of mercury through acid bath and purification towers that remove contaminants from mercury.
- 2) Drains purified mercury into storage tank.
- 3) Refills purifying towers with mercurous nitrate purifying agent and verifies specific gravity of nitrate, using hydrometer, to ensure efficient purification.
- 4) Cleans and flushes towers, using water hose.
- 5) Records weight of mercury purified during shift.
Is being a "MERCURY PURIFIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MERCURY PURIFIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MERCURY PURIFIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MERCURY PURIFIER"
Job Number: 6408