Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists in providing self-care training and therapeutic treatments to residents of mental retardation center: Demonstrates activities such as bathing and dressing to train residents in daily self-care practices.
- 2) Converses with residents to reinforce positive behaviors and to promote social interaction.
- 3) Serves meals and eats with residents to act as role model.
- 4) Accompanies residents on shopping trips and instructs and counsels residents in purchase of personal items.
- 5) Aids staff in administering therapeutic activities, such as physical exercises, occupational arts and crafts, and recreational games, to residents.
- 6) Restrains disruptive residents to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- 7) Observes and documents residents' behaviors, such as speech production, feeding patterns, and toilet training, to facilitate assessment and development of treatment goals.
- 8) Attends to routine health-care needs of residents under supervision of medical personnel.
- 9) May give medications as prescribed by physician.
- 10) May train parents or guardians in care of deinstitutionalized residents.
Is being a "MENTAL-RETARDATION AIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MENTAL-RETARDATION AIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MENTAL-RETARDATION AIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MENTAL-RETARDATION AIDE"
Job Number: 6405