Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine to repair defects, such as tears and holes in garments, linens, curtains, draperies, and blankets: Patches, darns, or reweaves holes or tears in garments, curtains, or linens, and resews ripped seams.
- 2) Sews fringe, tassels, and ruffles onto drapes and curtains.
- 3) Sews buttons and trimming on garments after they have been cleaned.
- 4) Operates sewing machine to restitch or replace binding ribbon on edge of blankets.
- 5) May cut curtains to specified measurements and hem edges.
- 6) May shorten or lengthen hems to alter size of garments.
- 7) May replace pockets in coats or trousers.
- 8) May sew identifying labels and emblems on uniforms, linens, or diapers for linen supply or diaper service.
- 9) May repair defective stitching on articles.
- 10) May be designated according to type of article sewn as Sewer, Linen Room or machine used as Darning-Machine Operator.
- 11) May examine lace webbing for defects and be designated Examiner-Mender.
- 12) Performs duties as described under SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR, REGULAR EQUIPMENT Master Title.
Is being a "MENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MENDER"
Job Number: 6403