Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Melts gold, or gold and silver alloys, using furnace, electric heating unit, or torch, and pours molten metal into ingot molds to prepare metal for use in making jewelry: Places metal in clay crucible.
- 2) Places crucible in preheated oven or heats crucible with torch to melt metal.
- 3) Observes color changes in metals to ensure that specified temperature is attained.
- 4) Pours molten metal into ingot mold.
- 5) Opens mold, lifts out ingot with tongs, and quenches ingot in water.
- 6) May operate roller machine to roll ingots into metal strips for use in stamping out jewelry blanks.
Is being a "MELTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MELTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MELTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MELTER"
Job Number: 6393