Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating open-hearth, electric-arc, or oxygen furnaces to produce steel: Directs workers in charging furnace with specified raw material and in taking temperature tests of molten metal.
- 2) Observes color of molten metal through cobalt-blue glasses, and orders changes in furnace temperature.
- 3) Coordinates charging and melting with molding and pouring operations.
- 4) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 5) May be designated according to type of furnace as Melter Supervisor, Electric-Arc Furnace; Melter Supervisor, Open-Hearth Furnace; Melter Supervisor, Oxygen Furnace.
Is being a "MELTER SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MELTER SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MELTER SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MELTER SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 6396