"MEDICAL RECORD TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles and maintains medical records of patients of health care delivery system to document patient condition and treatment: Reviews medical records for completeness and to abstract and code clinical data, such as diseases, operations, procedures and therapies, using standard classification systems.
- 2) Compiles medical care and census data for statistical reports on types of diseases treated, surgery performed, and use of hospital beds, in response to inquiries from law firms, insurance companies, and government agencies.
- 3) Maintains and utilizes variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems.
- 4) Operates computer to process, store, and retrieve health information.
- 5) Assists MEDICAL-RECORD ADMINISTRATOR in special studies or research, as needed.
Is being a "MEDICAL RECORD TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MEDICAL RECORD TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MEDICAL RECORD TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MEDICAL RECORD TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 6381