Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles, verifies, types, and files medical records of hospital or other health care facility: Prepares folders and maintains records of newly admitted patients.
- 2) Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order, and files records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing system.
- 3) Locates, signs out, and delivers medical records requested by hospital departments.
- 4) Compiles statistical data, such as admissions, discharges, deaths, births, and types of treatment given.
- 5) Operates computer to enter and retrieve data and type correspondence and reports.
- 6) May assist other workers with coding of records.
- 7) May post results of laboratory tests to records and be designated Charting Clerk.
Is being a "MEDICAL-RECORD CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MEDICAL-RECORD CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MEDICAL-RECORD CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MEDICAL-RECORD CLERK"
Job Number: 3713