"MEDICAL RADIATION DOSIMETRIST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Measures and calculates radiation dose and develops optimum arrangement of radiation fields and exposures to treat patient: Studies prescription, x rays showing area to be treated, and requirements for dose calculation.
- 2) Selects beam energy, optimum multiple beam arrangement, beam modifying devices, and other factors, using computer, manuals, and guides.
- 3) Develops several possible treatment arrangements that meet physician's criteria and submits arrangements for selection by physician.
- 4) Measures and calculates prescribed radiation dose based upon field sizes, depth of tumor, treatment unit, beam modifying devices, and other information, using manuals, guides, and computer.
- 5) Calculates and records daily prescribed radiation dose.
- 6) Explains treatment plan to RADIATION-THERAPY TECHNOLOGISTS.
- 7) May operate x-ray equipment to obtain diagnostic x ray of patient in treatment position.
- 8) May simulate treatment procedure to assist in planning treatment.
Is being a "MEDICAL RADIATION DOSIMETRIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MEDICAL RADIATION DOSIMETRIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MEDICAL RADIATION DOSIMETRIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MEDICAL RADIATION DOSIMETRIST"
Job Number: 6380