Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies knowledge and methodology of science of physics to all aspects of medicine, to address problems related to diagnosis and treatment of human disease: Advises and consults with physicians in such applications as use of ionizing radiation in diagnosis, therapy, treatment planning with externally delivered radiation as well as use of internally implanted radioactive sources; complete subject of x-ray equipment, calibration, and dosimetry; medical uses of ultrasound and infrared; bioelectrical investigation of brain and heart; mathematical analysis and applications of computers in medicine; formulation of radiation protection guides and procedures specific to hospital environment; development of instrumentation for improved patient care and clinical service.
- 2) Plans, directs, conducts, and participates in supporting programs to ensure effective and safe use of radiation and radionuclides in human beings by physician specialist.
- 3) Teaches principles of medical physics to physicians, residents, graduate students, medical students, and technologists by means of lectures, problem solving, and laboratory sessions.
- 4) Directs and participates in investigations of biophysical techniques associated with any branch of medicine.
- 5) Conducts research in development of diagnostic and remedial procedures and develops instrumentation for specific medical applications.
- 6) Acts as consultant to education, medical research, and other professional groups and organizations.
Is being a "MEDICAL PHYSICIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MEDICAL PHYSICIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MEDICAL PHYSICIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MEDICAL PHYSICIST"
Job Number: 6379