Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs medical equipment, such as manual or powered wheelchairs, hospital beds, and suction equipment, using knowledge of equipment function and handtools: Test operates and examines malfunctioning equipment to determine cause of malfunction.
- 2) Disassembles and inspects equipment to locate defective components, such as motors, valves, and electrical controls, using test instruments and handtools.
- 3) Replaces defective parts, and solders, tightens, and aligns parts which have become loose or out of adjustment, using handtools and soldering iron.
- 4) Cleans, lubricates, and polishes equipment components to restore surface, using solvent, polish, rags, and grease gun.
- 5) Test operates unit to ensure equipment functions according to manufacturer's specifications.
- 6) Occasionally installs modified parts, such as respirator equipment or foot rest, onto wheelchairs, according to customer specification, and fills parts orders from customers.
Is being a "MEDICAL-EQUIPMENT REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MEDICAL-EQUIPMENT REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MEDICAL-EQUIPMENT REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MEDICAL-EQUIPMENT REPAIRER"
Job Number: 6386