Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties under direction of physician to assist in examination and treatment of patients: Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts.
- 2) Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- 3) Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- 4) Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- 5) Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- 6) Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- 7) Operates x ray, electrocardiograph, and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- 8) Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests.
- 9) Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- 10) May key data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- 11) May keep billing records, enter financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers, and compute and mail monthly statements to patients.
Is being a "MEDICAL ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MEDICAL ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MEDICAL ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MEDICAL ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 6377