"MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN, LABORATORY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs variety of experiments on watch parts, lubricants, and abrasives used in manufacture of horological instruments to ascertain conformance to production standards: Heats or cools watch parts to specific temperatures in oven or refrigerator.
- 2) Subjects heated or cooled watch parts to stress tests and records results.
- 3) Tests lubricants and abrasives used in watch manufacture for conformance to established lubricity and abrasion levels.
- 4) Analyzes test results to detect deficiencies in watch parts, lubricants or abrasives and suggests modifications in production methods to overcome deficiencies.
- 5) Recommends new test procedures or testing devices as necessary.
- 6) May assist in fabrication and installation of new testing devices.
- 7) May repair ovens or refrigerators.
Is being a "MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN, LABORATORY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN, LABORATORY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN, LABORATORY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN, LABORATORY"
Job Number: 6365