Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops and tests machinery and equipment, applying knowledge of mechanical engineering technology, under direction of engineering and scientific staff: Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions, such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- 2) Drafts detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal or wood shops.
- 3) Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products, such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, servosystems, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- 4) Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- 5) Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- 6) Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
Is being a "MECHANICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MECHANICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MECHANICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MECHANICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 6368