Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems: Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- 2) Designs products or systems, such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- 3) Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- 4) Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- 5) May design products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- 6) May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- 7) May specialize in specific field of mechanical engineering, such as heat transfer, hydraulics, electromechanics, controls and instrumentation, robotics, nuclear systems, tooling, air-conditioning and refrigeration; or in type of product, such as propulsion systems or machinery and mechanical equipment; or in type of work, such as steam or gas generation and distribution, steam plant engineering, or system planning.
Is being a "MECHANICAL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MECHANICAL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MECHANICAL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MECHANICAL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 6361