Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tufts and stitches mattresses to finish them: Measures and marks off tufting points on both sides of mattress with rule and crayon.
- 2) Threads cotton tufts or tufting buttons and sews through mattress to tie them to tufts or buttons on under side.
- 3) Stitches mattress border to side padding to stiffen mattress edge and prevent sagging through displacement of padding.
- 4) Gathers corners of padding to shape and to stitch rolled edge and preserve box-like shape of mattress.
- 5) May tend equipment, such as tape-edge, roll-edge, or tufting machines.
- 6) May be designated by specific function or specialty as Roll-Edge Stitcher, Hand; Side-Stitcher.
Is being a "MATTRESS FINISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MATTRESS FINISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATTRESS FINISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATTRESS FINISHER"
Job Number: 6342