Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Electroplates phonograph record matrices to form metal replicas of positive and negative recorded surfaces, and to form stamper used in pressing phonograph records: Inserts silver-coated lacquer disk in rubber masking ring to prevent plating of specified surfaces, such as edges of disk.
- 2) Hangs disk in tanks containing plating solutions, such as nickel and copper or inserts disk over centering pin of automatic plating tanks to form negative metal master matrix of disk.
- 3) Observes dials and gauges to ensure solutions and electric current flowing through solutions conform to specifications, and adjusts controls as required.
- 4) Removes plated disk from tanks after specified time, removes masking ring, washes and dries disk, and routes disk to finishing department for stripping and finishing process by MATRIX WORKER.
- 5) Washes master matrix after finishing process to prevent adhesion during subsequent plating processes.
- 6) Plates master matrix to form mother matrix and plates mother to form stamper used on record presses, following prescribed plating procedures.
- 7) May prepare and test plating solutions.
Is being a "MATRIX PLATER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MATRIX PLATER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATRIX PLATER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATRIX PLATER"
Job Number: 6337