Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines sample of staves in shipment to determine price to be paid for shipment: Takes sampling of staves from freight car.
- 2) Examines staves for defects, such as cracks, warpage, knots, and excessive sap content.
- 3) Separates and grades staves according to number and type of defects found.
- 4) Marks grade on staves, using pencil.
- 5) Inspects bilge, if staves have been jointed, and measures length and width of staves, using tape measure.
- 6) Computes total usable width of staves in car and prices entire carload based on grading and calculations.
- 7) May record price paid for staves and quantity purchased.
- 8) May supervise workers engaged in operation of dry kiln.
Is being a "MATERIAL INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MATERIAL INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATERIAL INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATERIAL INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 6323