Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing, and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, cranes, hoists, or industrial trucks, applying knowledge of plant layout and material-handling equipment and procedures: Studies receiving or shipping notices, requests for movement of raw materials and finished products, and reports of warehousing space available to develop schedule for material handling activities.
- 2) May confer with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials or products.
- 3) May verify or prepare records, such as routing slips, material requisitions, and job orders.
- 4) May supervise activities of shipping and receiving personnel.
- 5) May train new workers.
- 6) Performs duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "MATERIAL-HANDLING SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MATERIAL-HANDLING SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATERIAL-HANDLING SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATERIAL-HANDLING SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 6329