Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- 2) Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, clawhammer, or other handtools.
- 3) Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- 4) Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using handtools.
- 5) Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using handtruck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device.
- 6) Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- 7) Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- 8) Makes simple adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts or replacing rollers, using handtools.
- 9) Assembles crates to contain products, such as machines or vehicles, using handtools and precut lumber.
- 10) Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- 11) May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- 12) May be designated according to material handled as Filling Hauler, Weaving; according to method of conveying materials as Lugger; according to machine or equipment loaded or unloaded as Blunger Loader; Vehicle Unloader; or according to work station as Outside Trucker; Platform Loader.
- 13) May be designated: Bale Piler; Batch Trucker; Bobbin Handler; Car Loader; Cloth Hauler; Coal Passer; Compress Trucker; Hogshead Dumper; Kiln Car Unloader; Laborer, Yard; Loader II; Lumber-Yard Worker; Merchandise Carrier; Mold Mover; Oven Stripper; Oven Unloader; Packaging-Machine-Supplies Distributor; Slab Picker; Powder Trucker; Rack Carrier; Racker; Retort Loader; Roper; Roving Stock Handler; Scrap Wheeler; Segregator; Sugar Trucker; Tire Trucker; Trucker, Hand.
Is being a "MATERIAL HANDLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MATERIAL HANDLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATERIAL HANDLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATERIAL HANDLER"
Job Number: 6322