Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records: Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material.
- 2) Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- 3) Examines material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications.
- 4) Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- 5) Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- 6) Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- 7) May move or transport materials from one department to another, manually or using material handling equipment.
- 8) May arrange for repair and assembly of material or part.
- 9) May monitor and control movement of material and parts on automated conveyor system.
Is being a "MATERIAL COORDINATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MATERIAL COORDINATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATERIAL COORDINATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATERIAL COORDINATOR"
Job Number: 3455