Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests mat of fiberglass insulation material to determine if product conforms to specifications: Cuts sample of mat, using knife or razor blade and template, and weighs mat on balance scale.
- 2) Burns weighed sample in miniature oven to remove binder, weighs burned sample, and computes percentage of binder in sample, using slide rule.
- 3) Suspends sample of mat in styrene solution and times disintegration of sample to determine solubility of binder.
- 4) Places sample between plates of thickness gauge and reads dial indicator before and after application of pressure to gauge to determine thickness with or without stress.
- 5) Records test results on mat-testing record.
Is being a "MAT TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAT TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAT TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAT TESTER"
Job Number: 6313