Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Arranges patterns and marks identifying numbers, assembly guidelines, and outline of patterns on lay of cloth, leather, paper, or other materials to facilitate cutting and sewing operations, employing knowledge of marking, cutting, and manufacturing processes to minimize waste: Selects lay of material and patterns according to specifications.
- 2) Compares pattern with cutting order to verify style of garment, size scale, type and yardage of cloth, and number of garments to be cut.
- 3) Positions pattern on lay according to type, print, or weave of material, so that parts match when assembled and waste is minimized, using rules and squares as work aids.
- 4) Outlines patterns on top of materials, using chalk stick, dust bag, crayon, soap, or wax.
- 5) May mark part size and model number within outlines.
- 6) May pin marked paper or outlined patterns onto material.
- 7) May notch, drill, and mark holes in lay to serve as guides for attachment of other parts, using notcher, electric drill, or electric drill equipped with cartridge containing fluorescent marking solution.
- 8) May be designated according to type of material marked as Canvas Marker, or according to article marked as Dress Marker; Hat Marker; Shirt Marker.
Is being a "MARKER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MARKER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MARKER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MARKER I"
Job Number: 6280