Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains boats and similar vessels in marine service facility: Examines repair or installation orders, drawings, and vessel, utilizing knowledge based on past experience to determine extent of repairs required or modifications necessary for installation of equipment, accessories, and hardware.
- 2) Consults with supervisor regarding installation or repair problems, sequence of operations, and time required to complete repair or installation.
- 3) Removes vessels from water, using movable lift crane or marine railway.
- 4) Positions and secures blocking at bottom and sides of vessels according to size, weight, and weight distribution of vessels, using fasteners, handtools, and power tools.
- 5) Removes flaked paint, barnacles, and encrusted debris from hulls of vessel, using scrapers, scrubbers, power washers, and sandblast equipment.
- 6) Removes damaged or rotted sections from wooden or fiberglass vessels, using drill, saw, and handtools.
- 7) Fabricates and installs wooden replacement parts, using drawings, measuring instruments, work aids, handtools, power tools, and woodworking machines and equipment, such as saws, drill press, shaper, planer, and steam cabinet.
- 8) Caulks wooden hulls with cotton to prevent leaks.
- 9) Grinds and sands edges around removed fiberglass sections.
- 10) Mixes fiberglass bonding resin and catalyst, cuts fiberglass cloth to size, and impregnates cloth with mixture.
- 11) Positions layers of impregnated cloth over damaged area, and smooths area to match contour of hull, using rollers, squeegee, and power sander.
- 12) Mixes and applies paint or gel coat to boats with hand and spray equipment, utilizing knowledge of color mixing, matching techniques, and application procedures.
- 13) Tests engine, transmission, rigging, propeller, navigational, and related systems to diagnose malfunctions, using various measuring instruments.
- 14) Replaces or repairs defective components, or fabricates new components.
- 15) Installs and tests steering gear, sanitation and refrigeration systems, cabinetry, electrical systems and accessories, hardware, trim, and related components, following manufacturer's instructions and drawings.
Is being a "MARINE-SERVICES TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MARINE-SERVICES TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MARINE-SERVICES TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MARINE-SERVICES TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 6275