Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, tools, and sets marble slabs in floors and walls of buildings and repairs and polishes slab previously set in buildings: Trims, faces, and cuts marble to specified size, using power sawing, cutting, and facing equipment and handtools.
- 2) Drills holes in slab and attaches bracket.
- 3) Spreads mortar on bottom of slab and on sides of adjacent slabs.
- 4) Sets block in position, tamps it into place, and anchors bracket attachment with wire.
- 5) Fills joints with grout.
- 6) Removes excess grout from marble with sponge.
- 7) Cleans and bevels cracks or chips on slabs, using handtools and power tools.
- 8) Heats cracked or chipped area with blowtorch and fills defect with composition mastic that matches grain of marble.
- 9) Polishes marble and other ornamental stone to high luster, using power tools or by hand.
Is being a "MARBLE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MARBLE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MARBLE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MARBLE SETTER"
Job Number: 6266