Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends mangle that wets-out cloth or applies finishing chemicals, such as size starch, synthetic resins, or cellulose derivatives to cloth: Positions trucks of cloth at feed-end of machine and threads cloth through guides, under immersion roll, and through expander attachment and squeeze rolls, or sews end of cloth to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 2) Turns valve to admit water, starch, or finishing solution to trough of mangle.
- 3) Turns handwheel to set pressure of squeeze rollers according to thickness of cloth.
- 4) Observes flow of cloth through mangle to detect holes and torn selvages.
- 5) Cuts flaws from cloth, using scissors, and sews ends of cloth together.
- 6) May tend machine arranged in tandem with drying cans, tenter frame or curing oven.
- 7) May be designated according to fluid used in trough as Starch-Mangle Tender; Water-Mangle Tender.
Is being a "MANGLE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MANGLE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MANGLE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MANGLE TENDER"
Job Number: 6244