Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and carries out policies relating to all phases of personnel activity: Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- 2) Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- 3) Keeps record of insurance coverage, pension plan, and personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- 4) Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- 5) Conducts wage survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- 6) Prepares budget of personnel operations.
- 7) Meets with shop stewards and supervisors to resolve grievances.
- 8) Writes separation notices for employees separating with cause and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- 9) Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- 10) Represents company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- 11) Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as canteen, transportation, or relocation service.
- 12) May prepare budget of personnel operations, using computer terminal.
- 13) May administer manual and dexterity tests to applicants.
- 14) May supervise clerical workers.
- 15) May keep records of hired employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes.
- 16) May negotiate collective bargaining agreement with BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVE, LABOR UNION.
Is being a "MANAGER, PERSONNEL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MANAGER, PERSONNEL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MANAGER, PERSONNEL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MANAGER, PERSONNEL"
Job Number: 6230