Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers in department of retail store: Interviews job applicants and evaluates worker performance to recommend personnel actions such as hiring, retention, promotion, transfer or dismissal of workers.
- 2) Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations.
- 3) Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and job duties.
- 4) Orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment.
- 5) Records delivery of merchandise, compares record with merchandise ordered, and reports discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory levels.
- 6) Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed.
- 7) Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in department.
- 8) Prepares sales and inventory reports.
- 9) Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- 10) May assist sales workers in completing difficult sales.
- 11) May sell merchandise.
- 12) May approve checks written for payment of merchandise purchased in department.
- 13) May install and remove department cash-register-receipt tape and audit cash receipts.
- 14) May perform customer service activities and be designated Customer Service Manager.
- 15) May plan department layout or merchandise or advertising display.
- 16) May be designated according to department managed or type of merchandise sold as Candy-Department Manager; Toy-Department Manager; Produce-Department Manager.
Is being a "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT"
Job Number: 4024