Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to prepare chemical constituents of synthetic rubber for synthesis by other workers, following formulas and maintaining reactions within prescribed limits: Weighs solid materials according to formula, using scale.
- 2) Pumps liquid chemicals to metering or weigh tanks.
- 3) Observes thermometer and recording instruments, and moves heater controls to attain specified temperature in system.
- 4) Starts agitator and opens valves to regulate admission of chemical agents into mixing tanks in prescribed sequence.
- 5) Dumps solid materials into tanks to complete reaction.
- 6) Draws samples of solution for laboratory analysis and titrates sample to determine concentration and facilitate control of materials flow for attainment of product meeting plant standard.
- 7) Tends auxiliary equipment, such as colloid mills, melt tanks, scrubbers, and homogenizers, to prepare or further process emulsions and dispersions.
- 8) Regulates flow of rubber constituents to storage or rubber-synthesis areas, according to schedule or indicated plant needs.
- 9) Maintains records of materials and supplies, shift production, process times and temperatures, and gauge readings for operating log or inventory records.
- 10) May receive and store materials.
- 11) May tend tank farm containing liquid chemicals.
- 12) May clean, inspect, and recharge equipment with materials, such as soda ash or calcium chloride.
- 13) May be designated according to substance prepared as Emulsion Operator; Persulfate Make-Up Operator; or equipment unit operated as Chlorobutadiene-Scrubber Operator.
Is being a "MAKE-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAKE-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAKE-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAKE-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6194