Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Arranges, groups, and locks galley setups of type, cuts, and headings in chases, according to dummy makeup sheet, for direct printing, reproduction proofs, or fabrication of stereotype and electrotype plates: Positions chase on imposing stone and transfers type and cuts from galley to chase, arranging type forms and units as specified on makeup sheet.
- 2) Inserts lead or wooden strips between forms and units to maintain spacing during printing.
- 3) Places quoins between type matter and chase frame and turns quoin key or setscrews in chase frame to lock type in place.
- 4) May refile type in storage cabinets or dump type in remelt box subsequent to printing.
- 5) May cut wood or lead strips to size to fabricate spacing inserts, using power saw.
Is being a "MAKE-UP ARRANGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAKE-UP ARRANGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAKE-UP ARRANGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAKE-UP ARRANGER"
Job Number: 6192