"MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, INDUSTRIAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments, following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, using handtools, power tools, hoist, crane, and measuring and testing instruments: Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- 2) Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- 3) Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and handtools.
- 4) May install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment, such as robots or programmable controllers.
- 5) May set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- 6) May operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- 7) May fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
Is being a "MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, INDUSTRIAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, INDUSTRIAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, INDUSTRIAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, INDUSTRIAL"
Job Number: 6183